Topgear test Mercedes 600 tegen E31

General Topic
DickB
Bestuur
Contacteer:

Topgear test Mercedes 600 tegen E31

Bericht door DickB »

Top Gear stars Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond brought Market Harborough to a standstill yesterday.
The presenters of the hit BBC show swept into town in a silver Mercedes 600 and a maroon BMW 850 for their pit-stop visit.
They parked alongside the historic grammar school, along with a fleet of Range Rovers and other vehicles.
Both Clarkson and the Hamster, as Hammond is known, seemed taken aback by the size of the crowd waiting for them.
After getting out of their cars they pulled people from the hundreds who had gathered and, as the cameras rolled, asked them to value the two up-market, but second-hand cars.
Salesman Charles Noblett, from Keyworth, who was in town on business, was asked by Clarkson how much he would pay for “this nine-year-old Mercedes, £160,000 new”.
The 59-year-old, who owns a Volvo and a Porsche 911, said: “I offered £6,000 for the Mercedes and £7,000 for the BMW. Jeremy said I was too high.”
The crew was filming for an episode of the BBC2 series to be screened in June or July, when the valuations will be announced.
The team had been due in Market Harborough on Wednesday but the visit was called off at the last minute. The news they were coming to the town yesterday instead leaked out on social networking site Facebook, and fans of all ages were waiting for them when they arrived just after 2.30pm.
High Street ground to a halt as people spilled into the road to catch a glimpse of the presenters and get pictures on phones and pocket cameras.
Security staff had to repeatedly shepherd people off the road so the traffic could get through.
Shop assistant Matt East, 21, from Fleckney said: “Jeremy asked me what I thought the cars were worth and I said £20,000 on both, but he didn’t say whether I was right or not.”
Mum-of-two Nidale Grady, 39, of Great Bowden, said: “My husband, Patrick, is a classic car enthusiast and Top Gear is a favourite programme of his. I told Jeremy I would pay £3,000 for the BMW and £8,000 for Mercedes. I think I was pretty close on the valuation of the Mercedes, according to my husband.”
Mrs Grady said she was not a great fan of Top Gear itself, but that Clarkson was “a lot taller and more handsome in real life”.
British Heart Foundation shop volunteer Anne Bott grabbed the opportunity to ask Clarkson to sign a copy of his book, For Crying Out Loud, Volume 3, before he drove off.
Mrs Bott said: “I saw him and asked him to autograph it and he was more than pleased to do so.
“It’s great, because we can raise more money if we put it on sale in the shop or on eBay.”
The convoy left town, after about 25 minutes.
E31, the road to go!
Dick
Voorzitter BMW Club E31 Nederland
Voorzitter Federatie Nederlandse BMW Clubs(FNBC)
Voorzitter BMW Auto Clubs Nederland(BACN)
President BMW 8er Clubs International(B8CI)
(oud)Landervorstand Club E31 WOG
DickB
Bestuur
Contacteer:

Re: Topgear test Mercedes 600 tegen E31

Bericht door DickB »

E31, the road to go!
Dick
DickB
Bestuur
Contacteer:

Re: Topgear test Mercedes 600 tegen E31

Bericht door DickB »

E31, the road to go!
Dick
Gesloten

Terug naar “General Topic(open forum)”